Temporary Residence

Each year thousands of foreign workers and students come to Canada to fulfil the skill shortages or to peruse their education in various provinces on a temporary basis. In order to come to Canada on a temporary residence visa you may be required to obtain a visitor visa, a student visa or a work visa.

If you wish to come to Canada on a temporary basis, we can help you with your application if you meet the eligibility requirements.


There are more than 150,000 international students who go to Canada every year to study. International students bring a rich culture to our classrooms. Your knowledge and skills are welcome in our schools. There are a few reasons why you choose to peruse education in Canada:

  • Canadian universities and colleges are respected worldwide for their high quality of education.
  • Tuition fees for international students in Canada, and the cost of living, are among the lowest in the world.
  • Eligible students can gain valuable Canadian work experience through off campus employment.
  • Canada ranks among the most multicultural nations in the world. Regardless of ethnic origin, students feel at home in our diverse communities and campuses.
  • According to the United Nations, Canada offers one of the highest standards for quality of life in the world.

If you are a student who aspires to acquire international education from Canadian school, college or university, you can fulfill your dreams by pursuing further studies here in Canada with a practical learning experience. Some programs in Canada offer co-op studies where students can attain practical work experience before they complete their program.

If you are planning to come to Canada as a student, C2C  can provide information about the Canadian universities and colleges and assist in the admission procedure. We can represent you in your study permit application in your country and help you to obtain the study visa.

International students may also be eligible to apply for a Post Graduate Open Work permit, Off Campus Work permit or Permanent Residency upon completion of the program if they meet the eligibility requirements.

International student’s spouse or common-law partner may be eligible to apply for a work permit if a student enrolled into a full-time program, have a valid study or work permit. Work permits for your spouse or common-law partner are valid for the same period of time as your study or work permit.

Example of the tuition and expenses fees for international students to study ESL (English as Second Language) or professional programs in Canada:


  • Full time program, 2 semesters (usually 8 months) average cost of Tuition is 9, 500-12,000 Can $;

There is usually summer and winter breaks between semesters;

  • Home stay Full Board (single room with 3 meals) for the 8 months period is 6, 300 Can$;
  • Room includes bed, table, chairs, TV and internet services, no computer provided;
  • Medical Insurance (mandatory) for the same period is 480 Can$;
  • Application Fee (Government non-refundable) is 125$.

If you have obtained an offer of employment from a Canadian employer, you may be eligible to apply for Temporary Work Permit. In order for you to get a temporary work permit, a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) will be required. The processing time for a Labour Market Opinion is dependent on the type of employment and the province of employment. Currently the processing times vary from a few weeks up to six months.

Besides other eligibility criteria that must be met, Labour Market Opinion applications require the employers to show employment efforts through advertisements in newspapers and websites etc. Once a positive Labour Market Opinion is received, you become eligible to apply for a Work Visa that will allow you to work in Canada for the duration specified on the Labour Market Opinion.

We can work with you and your employer to obtain a LMO and represent you in your work permit application in your country of residence. As a temporary worker you may also be allowed to bring your family under the Work Permit Visa. Upon arrival in Canada your spouse may be eligible to apply for a temporary Open Work Permit.

If you have found a Canadian employer who wishes to employ you as Live in care Giver to take care of their children, or elderly or people with disabilities, you may be eligible to apply for a temporary Work Permit to come to Canada.

You are eligible to apply for temporary work permit under this program if you are:

  • completed at least grate 12 of high school education, and
  • have completed 6 months full-time training , or completed one year of time-time paid employment in such a field or occupation within last 3 years, and
  • have basic ability to speak, read and listen in English or French, and
  • have an employment contract with your  future employer

The procedure to obtain a work permit as Live in Caregiver is similar to that of obtaining a work permit with LMO (Labour Market Opinion). You and your employer will both be required to meet the eligibility criteria. Live in Caregivers are required to stay with the employer and must be eligible to work without supervision.

Live in caregivers may also apply for Permanent Residency status in Canada after obtaining two years of work experience provided they meet all other eligibility conditions.

Please complete our Free Assessment form or Contact Us for more information.